Wednesday 1 August 2012

Top 10 of My Summer Thus Far

10. Rubber Bullets - 10cc


9. Oddfellows Local 151 - R.E.M.
Only just got into Document to be honest, not that impactful an album at all


8. Carry On Wayward Son - Kansas


7. Yonkers - Tyler, the Creator
"I'm an over-achiever, so how about a start a team of leaders and pick up Stevie Wonder to be the wide receiver" Has to be one of my favourite rap lyrics in a while


6. Bennie and the Jets - Elton John


5. Straight To Hell - Lily Allen
I think I prefer this smooth cover to the original by The Clash; or maybe it's because whenever I hear the original it reminds me too much of Paper Planes by M.I.A.


4. Poison & Wine - The Civil Wars
The Civil Wars is a pair that work really well together, this is a beautifully sung duet


3. Rabbit Heart - Florence + the Machine
This is the song that first made me interested in Florence a few years ago. Nice to see her at the top of the charts at the moment


2. Cut My Hair - The Who
Very underrated song from Quadrophenia and sums up a lot of the unease Jimmy feels throughout the story. Love Townshend's subtle guitar work in this aswell


1. Sirius/Eye in the Sky - Alan Parsons Project
I was delighted when this was played before every Euro 2012 match, of course memorable for being the Bulls theme music when MJ was in his prime.

1 comment:

  1. Carly Rae Jepsen, like a mild Rickroll that was. Nice one Miles

    ReplyDelete