Monday 30 April 2012

The past few weeks' top 10

What i more can I say? Not Top Billin', it's what I've been listening to most recently

10: Johnny Cash - Big Iron
Not sure which is better, this version or Marty Robbins', doesn't really matter


9. Fat Freddy's Drop - This Room
Got their LP for Christmas from my good friend Sam, this is my favourite song from it, marvellous fusion of reggae and jazz


8. Iron and Wine - Naked As We Came
Who'd have thunk a song about surviving someone and a subsequent cremation could be so lovely


7. Pearl Jam - Release
So chilled, and Eddie Vedder's voice is quality


6. R.E.M. - Untitled
The final song from Green is one I've only just paid attention to, really strange listening to Peter and Bill having swapped instruments but the harmonies between Michael and Mike are sweet


5. Sara Evans - Born To Fly
This takes me back to being in Florida 10 years ago when it was on country radio constantly, pretty cheesy but still, lots of fun


4. The Stone Roses - Bye Bye Badman
Typical Roses this is, love how the chorus picks up


3. Paul Simon - You Can Call Me Al
Seriously, who can say this song doesn't bring a smile to their face, especially alongside the excellently humorous video


2. Morning Parade - Under The Stars
Definitely my favourite song of theirs since I got their debut album back in March. This is a band that ought go far


1. David Bowie - Quicksand
Some wonderfully poignant lyrics from Mr Bowie, sung with such great conviction, although I wonder why the piano at the end isn't developed, but that comes from me and my progressive tendencies, nonetheless a terrific tune and what has been listened to most by me recently


Thanks for reading, and most thanks to those who picked up on the Audio Two reference at the start

No comments:

Post a Comment